Sunday, February 27, 2011

45 Number Nine



There are many things you don't appreciate when you are young. It's one of those things adults tell kids, and damned if their not right. Well, at least right about Steve Forbert. In 1979 my friend Ed played this song for me from the Jackrabbit Slim album. Ed sang along with all his soul. I thought it was a good song, but nothing to get worked up over. Then in the 90s I happened to hear Steve Forbert's American in Me album, and was blown away ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SIdV3JXvI ) . I worked my way through his back catalogue right to Jackrabbit Slim. Then I worked my way forward to all of Steve's current work. He is certainly a man who sings with his soul. I wish I was in contact with Ed to tell him he was right way back there in 1979.

No comments:

Post a Comment