Friday, February 25, 2011

45 Number seven


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

Bill Withers. Probably best known as the "Lean On Me" guy. I love his voice. I could listen to it all day. I think this song has the record for a phrase repeated the most times in a row. Click on the link and you'll hear it. I know you will. Also check out the drummer in this video. These guys are beautiful. My favourite Withers' song is " Use Me" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE ). Some funky organ and Bill's soulful voice.

Beginning with this 45 you'll see I have links were you can hear the song, as well as others that are mentioned. A nod for the inspiration from my musician friend Danny Maloney. I have edited all the old posts so they now include links to hear the songs. Those of you reading this by e-mail, I encourage you to visit the blog site when you have 3 and half minutes or so to hear the six 45s that have been spun, as well as other songs that were mentioned. If you can only check out one, click on the link to the Joe Jackson song "Got the Time" on the 45 number two post. Vintage footage to a live version of a rockin' song.


No comments:

Post a Comment