Monday, February 21, 2011

45 Number Three





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oP-2y5_UfI

"I know you wanna leave me, but I refuse to let you go!"

I love how this record begins. I have always enjoyed how Mick phrases and articulates the lyrics of a song. I had a chance to see the Stones on September 26th, 1981 at JFK Stadium in Philly. I can't remember who went with me, but I drove up from D.C. with a car load of people. First was George Thoroughgood, then Journey (which makes my kids laugh), and then Bill Wyman's bass line for "Under My Thumb" opened the Stones. It was way too many people and only memorable to say I was there. I saw them years later at the Dome in Syracuse, or maybe I should say I watched them on the big video screen that was smack dab in front of me. I enjoy the old black and white TV footage of them best. I like the early pop they did like "I Want to be Your Man", "Spider and Fly", and " Off the Hook " ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMeNC1IPUnQ ) . Saw Mick on the Grammys last week. Reminds me I just turned 50, as did or soon will most of my childhood friends. I thought I'd die before I got old, but probably so did Mick. Along those lines I just went to check out the new Keith Richard's biography from the library and found the only copy was in large print. How fitting!









No comments:

Post a Comment