Tuesday, February 22, 2011

45 Number Four




What a great label. One of my all time favorite Salvation Army finds was a Johnny Cash, Sun Record label, t-shirt. A black shirt with the yellow Sun Label for "I Walk the Line."

Jerry Lee always makes my feet move. I saw him right here in Elmira on August 6th, 1999. I remember Jerry Lee had really black eyes. Kinda like Keith Richards
. And he was real pale. But he rocked that piano, and stood up and knocked over the piano bench just like in the old black and white videos.

I went with my father in-law to that show.
That's what I like about music. You can enjoy it with all kinds of people; old/young, related/strangers, straight/crooked, or diner lover/snob.

Love to find Jerry Lee on a juke box, although just finding a juke box is a challenge these days
. Some digital ones around, but other than the one in my basement, I'm not sure there is one with records within hundred miles of here. I think my favourite Jerry Lee song is "Breathless." I love X's version of that song as well ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdMYZa3dA4 ) , but my favorite Jerry Lee cover is the Blasters doin' "High School Confidential" on their live EP. The Killer is still goin'. I think he had some sort of duet record out within the last five years, and I hear he was shaking up in Rochester NY just last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment