Thursday, March 3, 2011

45 Number Thirteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmiYtoVMvvo&feature=related

This Nick Lowe produced song is from a movie called "Club Paradise". I've never seen it, but from the music video it looks like it featured Robin Williams and a young Eugene Levy. Not the greatest Costello song, but I'm not likely to pass on a 45 that features the duet of Elvis and Jimmy Cliff. There are so many great Elvis Costello songs. I tend to prefer the early power pop, but he certainly has contributed great tunes to the air waves. Speaking of duets, well more like backing vocals, on the Bridge School Concerts Vol. 2 (I think?), Elvis does an acoustic version of "Alison" with Neil Young singing the backing vocals. I always thought that was cool. I've only seen Costello once. It was at SUNY Oswego in upstate NY. A double solo acoustic bill with Nick Lowe. My favourite Elvis song has to be "Pump it Up" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpprOGsLWUo&feature=fvsr ,which is the runner up for my theme song when I get my radio show.

No comments:

Post a Comment