Thursday, March 10, 2011

45 Number Eighteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hffcyJ1GAg

I forgot what a good song this is. The video is well worth watching Michelle looks sooo young.
This is the first female singer song writer to make the list. Actually, I am not sure I have many more 45s of female singer song writers. Seems like female singer song writers are not what you find on most jukeboxes. That seems wrong. Lucinda Williams definitely belongs on the jukebox. This seems like an idea for a good mixed tape (Can we still call them mixed tapes, or do we have to say playlist?); "Female Singer Song Writer Jukebox Songs." My starting list:
Lucinda Williams - "Can't Let Go", Get Right With God"
Dar Williams - "Teen for God", "Mystery", "I Won't be Your Yoko Ono"
Patti Griffin - "No Bad News"

Oh well that's a start. But alas, I have none of those on 45. I am sure some of you can come up with more suggestions for the playlist.

Ok, as soon as I posted other songs for the mixed tape came flooding in:
Jill Sobule- "I Saw a Cop", "Cinnamon Park"
Kirsty McCall (sp?)- "There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Thinks He's Elvis"
Amy Rigby - "Dancin' With Joey Ramone", "I'm Like Rasputin"Link

No comments:

Post a Comment