Monday, April 4, 2011

45 Number Forty-Two




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhpFibJKzPo

Givin' it one more little Squeeze. If you are a fan, check out this link. It is a live version of the song (no lip sync) from 1979 on The Old Grey Whistle Test TV show. It features an intro from Jools Holland, and then the performance. Check out Jools with the hat and big stogie.

Red vinyl. Some of the great things about record collecting; cover art, liner notes, picture discs, shaped vinyl, and colored plastic. A couple of Christmases ago I was searching for a gift idea for my kids to give my wife. I always like to try to think of something they can make. I stumbled across cooking vinyl records and making objects out of them. So I looked through my stacks, picked out some colored and black discs, and we burned some. We made a couple of bracelets, hair clips, and some bowls. Just to make some of my record collecting friends gasp. Here is a picture of the pink vinyl, Rolling Stones, 12 inch single, "Miss You” shaped into a bowl.





No comments:

Post a Comment