Saturday, April 16, 2011

45 Number Fifty-Five

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBwgsZhZJA&feature=related

I remember when I first found this. I thought, "Oh my God! These songs were put out on a 45?" Don't get me wrong. I love both of these songs. I think this is the first of the 45s to get both sides scanned in. It' s just that there are some songs that I think of as album songs and not singles.

The video link above for "Simple Man" takes you to an incredible live performance, with Crosby wandering in to sing harmony at the end. It's one of those performances for me that's like being in church.

CSN put out a CD called Demos in 2009, which contained demos from 1969 to 1971 of songs from their first two albums and solo albums, performed in an "unplugged manner" by the song's writer. It's worth a listen if you ever come across it. I really enjoy hearing the songs as they were first presented to the rest of the band
.

No comments:

Post a Comment